The Sovereign Hill Museums Association is a not-for profit community -based museum organisation that collects, researches and interprets the heritage of the Victorian gold rushes and the Ballarat region. The organisation includes Sovereign Hill Outdoor Museum, Gold Museum, Sovereign Hill Hotel, AURA and Narmbool.
We are seeking a dedicated individual to join our team in the position of Mine Guide. If you have a passion for history, this role could be for you!
This is a casual role delivering the underground Mine tours to a range of visitors including travellers and school groups. Hours will vary subject to visitation, and will peak around school holiday periods, shifts can be as short as 4 hours or a full 7.5 hour day. Flexible availability across weekdays and weekends is essential.
To be successful must have:
- Ability to work across flexible rosters including weekdays, weekends, public holidays and school holidays
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated cash handling skills
- Ability to safely operate in an underground environment
- Some knowledge and understanding of mining history and processes would be advantageous
- Presenting/Public Speaking/Interpreting/Guiding experience is preferred but not essential
- Previous experience within a tourism or customer service environment would be highly regarded
Checks and Qualifications:
- A Certificate or Diploma in Tourism and/or Guiding will be highly regarded
- Working with Children Check
- Police Check
- Pre-Employment Medical Check
- Current Level 2 First Aid Certificate would be highly regarded
- Fully Covid Vaccinated
If you are looking for work within a great team and love variety in your daily work, then this could be the opportunity you have been looking for.
Sovereign Hill welcomes, encourages and endorses applications from diverse backgrounds and provides equal opportunities to all who wish to apply.
For more information or to apply visit our website.