Museum Coordinator – Australian Fossil and Mineral Museum (Cs556)
About the Organisation
Congratulations, on taking the first step toward joining one of the Bathurst Region’s largest employers! Bathurst Regional Council employs over 400 staff and provides a large range of services to our community.
Working for Council is a stimulating and rewarding career option, providing the opportunity to be part of a team contributing to shaping the success and future of our Region.
Bathurst really is the best of both worlds – a beautiful country lifestyle just two and a half hours from Sydney. Bathurst is Australia’s oldest inland settlement located just over 200 kilometres west of Sydney on the Macquarie River. The region is conveniently located with effective transport links to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra and there is no shortage of things to see and do if you want to explore or take a lazy Sunday drive.
To find out more, please click on this link Bathurst Region.
About the Role
Do you have the passion and knowledge of rare mineral crystals and fossils from around the world along with experience in the management of a museum or similar facility? Then the position of Museum Coordinator – Australian Fossil and Mineral Museum is for you!
The ideal candidate will have management experience preferably in a museum setting. Demonstrated understanding of business modelling/retail, experience in the development and management of public and/or education programs and possess high level communication skills.
Council is seeking an innovative professional with proven interpersonal skills, computer literary including website content management and social media platforms and an ability to manage staff.
The position reports directly to the Manager Museums.
- Tertiary qualifications in related area or appropriate industry experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of the content of the museum and relevant scientific understanding
- Knowledge of contemporary museum practice and experience in the management of a museum or similar facility
- Experience in the management of staff and/or volunteers
- Demonstrated success in the development and management of public and/or education programs
- Demonstrated understanding/experience in business modelling to generate income and sustainability
- Demonstrated high level of written and oral communication across all modes and audiences
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the proven ability to lead and work as part of a team
- High level computer literacy including website content management and social media platforms.
- A current driver’s licence.
For more information or to apply visit: https://bathurst.applynow.net.au/jobs/BRC220-museum-coordinator-australian-fossil-and-mineral-museum