Source: The NMC Horizon Report.
The NMC Horizon Report: 2015 Museum Edition
The fifth of the NMC Horizon reports on museums in the USA and internationally is a collaboration between THE NEW MEDIA CONSORTIUM and Balboa Park Online Collaborative.
The 2015 NMC Horizon Project Museum Expert Panel have examined the applications of technology for museums over the next five years (2015-2019). Six key trends, six significant challenges, and six important developments in educational and interpretive technology are placed directly in the context of their likely impact on the core missions of museums.
The report highlights six short and long term impacts:
- Expanding the concept of visitors
- Increasing focus on participatory experiences
- Increasing Cross-Institutional Collaboration
- Increasing Focus on Data Analytics for Museum Operations
- Expanding the Boundaries of Creativity
- Rise of Private Companies in Museum Education
See the full report here.