This role will provide high quality technology service and advice to Queensland Museum Network (QMN) clients and programs, including for exhibitions, meetings, festivals, events and public programs. The right person for the job will be strongly customer-service focussed, with good attention to detail and responsive problem-solving skills. This role will support the content and platforms for new media, AV and multimedia across the campuses of the (QMN) and be responsive to the business needs. This role will provide support to the business over weekends and outside regular business hours The job will involve production, maintaining, servicing, and advising on media ranging from video editing, touchscreens, projectors and control systems.
- Carry out the day to day inspection and maintenance of AV and Digital Media Systems and exhibition interactive infrastructure including control networks and systems in Museum galleries.
- Respond to fault reports / work requests related to AV and Digital Media Systems and liaise with stakeholders to effect timely rectification.
- Coordinate and deliver technical infrastructure services, including installation and demount, related to digital media and audio visual systems for QMN experiences, events and functions as required.
- Provide technical advice and assistance, including liaising and partnering, with internal stakeholders on technical infrastructure and standards (including projection, displays and control), and production of interpretive AV and multimedia solutions.
- Participate in or coordinate a project team.
- Support the Network’s procurement of Audio Visual and Multimedia equipment, including equipment in QMN’s exhibition program.
- Advise, monitor and maintain Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) with suppliers for the Museum’s growing collection of equipment.
- Film and edit museum programs, events, performances, lectures and opening functions as required.
- Organise and implement suitable archiving systems for AV and multimedia material.
- Contribute to the safety culture of QMN by reporting all incidents and hazards and ensuring work is undertaken in the safest way possible, following all QMN WHS policies/procedures and guidelines relevant to the job. Undertake all relevant responsibilities identified in the QMN WHS Accountabilities and Responsibilities Matrix.
Your application for this role will remain current for 12 months and may be considered for recurring vacancies which may be at an alternative location or alternative employment basis (full-time or part-time).
Please note any documents attached to Smart Jobs or submitted by email should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format. Please do not upload zipped files.
Visit the website. Please ensure you download the role description and guide for applicants and carefully follow instructions for submitting an application.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.