Museums Australia Conference 2017
The Museums Galleries Australia National Conference in 2016.
Call for Proposals for MGA2017
Call for Proposals to present are now open for the Museums Galleries Australia National Conference 2017 (MGA2017), to be held 14-17 May 2017 at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, Queensland.
The committee are looking for exciting proposals discussing the conference theme Museums and Galleries in their cultural landscapes. Sub themes include a focus on the cultural, social, digital, learning and operational landscapes. This theme investigates the changing and challenging actions of museums and galleries in their multidimensional landscape.
Delegates are invited to submit an abstract proposal for:
- Curated Session (full 1.5 hour session)
- Individual Presentation (30 minute presentation including 5 minutes of question time)
- Pecha Kucha (short presentation featuring 20 slides shown for 20 seconds each, 6 minute 40 seconds total) to be joined with other similarly themed contributions to form a fast paced, high energy concurrent session
- Pre-Conference Workshop (from 9.00am – 11.00am on Monday 15 May 2016, prior to the official opening of the conference)
- Regional, Remote & Community Museums & Galleries Day (30 minute presentation including 5 minutes of question time. Case study style presentations to be included during the RR&CMG Day program which will be held on the afternoon of Sunday 14 May 2016)
The Call for Proposals will close on Monday 3 October 2016. Successful presenters will be notified during December 2016.
For full details on the Call for Proposals please click here.
Registrations to attend the conference. The first 100 Museums Australia members to register will be eligible for our End of Financial Year Sale registration prices of $720 or $620 for concessions! Once sold out, Early Bird registrations will be available for $780 or $670 for concessions. For information on how to become a Museums Australia member please click here.
Non-members may now register at the Early Bird rate of $1000 or $890 for concessions. Early Bird registrations close on Monday 5 December 2016.
Register for MGA2017 for a packed schedule of progressive plenary, concurrent and workshop sessions, plus the opportunity to make exciting new connections and develop existing ones. You will take fresh insights, ideas skills and partnership ideas back to your team.
Please visit the Conference website regularly for updates.
*Acting as an agent for Museums Galleries Australia