Museums Galleries Australia
Call for Proposals to present at the Museums Galleries Australia National Conference 2017 (MGA2017) extended to Monday 17 October 2016
14-17 May 2017
Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre
There is still time to submit your exciting proposals discussing the conference theme of Museums and Galleries in their cultural landscapes. Sub themes include a focus on the cultural, social, digital, learning and operational landscapes. This theme investigates the changing and challenging actions of museums and galleries in their multidimensional landscape.
For full details on the Call for Proposals please click here.
You are invited to submit an abstract proposal for:
- Curated Session (full 1.5 hour session)
- Individual Presentation (30 minute presentation including 5 minutes of question time)
- Pecha Kucha (short presentation featuring 20 slides shown for 20 seconds each, 6 minute 40 seconds total) to be joined with other similarly themed contributions to form a fast paced, high energy concurrent session
- Pre-Conference Workshop (from 9.00am – 11.00am on Monday 15 May 2017, prior to the official opening of the conference)
- Regional & Remote Day (30 minute presentation including 5 minutes of question time. Case study style presentations to be included during the R&R Day program which will be held on the afternoon of Sunday 14 May 2017)
The Call for Proposals will now close on Monday 17 October 2016. Successful presenters will be notified during December 2016.
Register for MGA2017 for a packed schedule of progressive plenary, concurrent andworkshop sessions, plus the opportunity to make exciting new connections and develop existing ones. You will take fresh insights, ideas skills and partnership ideas back to your team.
The first 100 Museums Australia members to register for the Conference will be eligible for our End of Financial Year Sale registration prices of $720 or $620 for concessions! Once sold out, Early Bird registrations will be available for $780 or $670 for concessions. For information on how to become a Museums Australia member please click here.
Non-members may now register at the Early Bird rate of $1000 or $890 for concessions. Early Bird registrations close on Monday 5 December 2016.
Exciting sponsorship and exhibition opportunities are also now available for the Conference. Click here for more information.
Please visit the Conference website regularly for updates. #MGAconf2017