Museums Victoria, Australia’s largest public museum organisation, is seeking a Network Engineer to help us deliver contemporary, stable, secure, and highly available network services to ensure the continuity of our business operations whilst also delivering unique digital experiences to our 2 million visitors each year. We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic individual to join the ICT Strategy and Delivery team who will actively contribute to the organisation’s operational success via the delivery of fit for purpose and sustainable network service.
ABOUT MUSEUM VICTORIA:
Museums Victoria is a diverse and exciting place to work. Across our venues – Melbourne Museum, Royal Exhibition Building, Bunjilaka Aboriginal Cultural Centre, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, Melbourne Planetarium and IMAX cinemas – we present unique and exceptional experiences for more than 2 million visitors each year, who come from all over Australia and around the world to be inspired and to learn about themselves and the universe we inhabit.
To learn more about Museums Victoria, please visit https://museumsvictoria.com.au/about-us/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Working with Museums Victoria Technology team, the core functions of this position include:
- Operationally manage MV’s network: administration, implementation, monitoring, and documenting, to maximise performance, security, and reliability to deliver MV’s operational goals and stakeholder requirements.
- Implement configuration, installation and support of the network switching, wireless services, routing, and firewall infrastructure, including Domain Name Servers (DNS) and proxy servers to maintain service availability, security and flexibility to meet evolving operational demands.
- Implement scheduled upgrades; plan, procure and update network equipment and firmware; plan, organise, review and act on necessary tests and compliance reports.
- Support internet connectivity and MV’s resilient wide area network (WAN) to maximise the availability of network-based services on all museum properties.
- Collaborate with colleagues to provide responsive services, installations and undertake technical investigations to resolve complex and specialised technical issues.
- Resolve and collaborate on issues with colleagues and other technical teams, and escalate as appropriate to external support, vendors and/or management, also provide appropriate and timely information and updates regarding progress. Contribute technical expertise and advice to the development of auditable and repeatable standards, policies and procedures to meet the requirements of MV and industry best practice.
Relevant skills and attributes:
- Demonstrated extensive experience supporting and administering physical and wireless networks, including well developed technical knowledge of relevant software, hardware, appliances and related technologies
- Demonstrated ability to maximise effective use of available technical resources to establish, maintain, monitor and improve efficient network services
- Commitment to updating knowledge of new and advanced technologies and applying this to fit-for-purpose network solutions
- Demonstrated acumen when troubleshooting issues and solving network problems under pressure
- Demonstrated specialist skills including project planning, procurement, contractor coordination, budgeting and a range of reporting
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills including the ability to provide clear explanations, negotiate with stakeholders, influence management and colleagues to build effective relationships
- Demonstrated ability to document network architecture and service delivery solutions, develop and implemented efficient and auditable processes
Please see our Role Statement for a copy of the full Key Selection Criteria and Duties.
Reporting to the Head of Technology Strategy & Delivery, this is an exceptional opportunity for a committed individual to apply their skills and gain experience in supporting the Technology Strategy and Delivery team.
HOW TO APPLY?
To view the position description, visit Careers – Museums Victoria
For more information about this position, please contact Anthony Quach (Network Engineering Specialist) on [email protected]
To apply, it is mandatory to submit the following:
- A brief cover letter that outlines your interest in this role.
- A current CV detailing relevant experience.
- A brief document outlining your responses to the key selection criteria.
Please note: Applications that do not include the above elements will not be considered.