Operations Manager – Sovereign Hill
|Closing date:||March 31, 2019|
|Salary:||Not supplied yet.|
|Employment status:||Full-time, Fixed-term (12 months)|
|Contact name:||Not supplied yet.|
|Contact email:||Not supplied yet.|
The Sovereign Hill Museums Association is one of Australia’s leading independent not for profit museum organisations. Our purpose is to inspire an understanding of the significance of the central Victorian gold rushes in Australia’s national story.
We provide visitors with an accurate representation of the gold mining era of the Ballarat Gold rush region through the delivery of historic information in the form of working and static displays as well as guided tours.
The Operations Department is responsible for the delivery of visitor programs throughout the Outdoor Museum; logistical support for functions and events; management of the general environment including general cleaning and waste management; and for the small animal care program.
The Operations Manager is responsible for coordinating staff and activities for the daily operations of them Outdoor Museum to effectively and efficiently deliver a high-quality museum experience for all visitors.
We are seeking a well organised people manager and administrator for a fixed term, 12 month appointment.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL YOU MUST HAVE:
- Experience in a management or supervisory role in a similar/operational role
- Excellent negotiation, written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including the proficient use of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends, school holidays and public holidays to provide information and training across a range of shifts
- Experience managing a rostering system
- Sound knowledge and understanding of OH&S Regulations
If this sounds like the career opportunity you have been looking for please visit our website at sovereignhill.com.au/careers for more information including a full position description and information on how to apply.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and appointment is subject to satisfactory Police Record, Working with Children and Pre-employment Medical checks.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.