Museum Victoria is seeking an Operations Manager Touring Hall to effectively plan and manage the day-to-day operations of the 2015 Jurassic World Exhibition in order to deliver successful project outcomes for Museum Victoria and its stakeholders.
ABOUT MUSEUM VICTORIA:
Museum Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building.
To learn more about Museum Victoria, please visit http://museumvictoria.com.au/about/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The position is accountable for ensuring the 2015 Touring Hall project: Jurassic World Exhibition delivers a high quality visitor experience at Melbourne Museum. This will be achieved through the effective planning, management and resolution of operational issues. The position plays a pivotal role in collaborating with other Museum departments, contractors and stakeholders to achieve this outcome.
Notable skills and experiences:
- Demonstrated experience in the planning and operational management of large-scale exhibitions or other major visitor experiences; preferably in a museum, visitor attraction or entertainment environment.
- Proven ability to apply initiative and resourcefulness in problem resolution and take a results oriented approach in this process.
- Able to demonstrate highly developed interpersonal communication, influencing and negotiation skills, including ability to manage in a team setting
- Experience in developing operational procedures in a service delivery environment, and developing and delivering effective staff training programs
- An understanding of marketing and commercial concepts, including experience in maximising sales rates and revenue streams, and their application in exhibition projects.
The successful applicant is required to undergo a National Police Records Check and be assessed as suitable (new employees are required to meet this cost).
HOW TO APPLY?
To view the position description, search ‘employment’ at www.museumvictoria.com.au; for more information about this position, please contact Gordon White on (03) 8341 7724.
To apply, please send your Covering Letter, Resume and a statement addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria by selecting APPLY NOW