Operations Manager – Western Australian Museum
|Closing date:||May 25, 2022|
|Institution:||Western Australian Museum|
|Salary:||Level 5, PS CSA Agreement 2021, $90,047 - $98,994 per annum pro rata|
|Employment status:||Full-time, ongoing. There will also be a pool running for a period of 18 months from the initial appointment.|
|Contact name:||Catherine Salmaggi, Regional Manager Museum of the Great Southern, 98414844|
|Contact email:||Not supplied yet.|
The Western Australian Museum is a vibrant centre of inspiration, learning and enjoyment for everyone. It preserves, documents and shares collections relating to the State’s natural and cultural heritage. It collaborates with people across Western Australia to share the stories and voices of diverse communities. It works alongside national and international organisations, contributing to global research, promoting life-long learning, and developing and hosting world-class exhibitions.
About the role
This position is in Albany on the southern coast of Western Australia. Albany is known for its Aboriginal and early European settler history and natural scenic beauty of the rugged granite coastline. The Western Australian Museum overlooks picturesque Princess Royal Harbour, on the site of the first European settlement in Western Australia.
Under the limited direction of the Regional Manager, this position provides leadership and direction through applying and monitoring human and physical resources to the site’s daily operations. The Operations Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining operational networks through effective liaison with visitors, stakeholders, community and special interest groups as well as promoting community support for the organisation’s goals and strategies. This role also supports the site’s visitor-oriented experiences including programs, events, outreach, marketing and online services.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual who loves working in a positive team environment, enjoys a challenge and can inspire the team to deliver excellent customer service.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Manage the daily Visitor Services operations of the site through effective leadership, resource management, planning and evaluation.
- Manage the site buildings, including understanding the impact of exhibition and building maintenance scheduling on the site’s daily visitor operations and services in liaison with the Regional Manager.
- Assist with the development of the Site’s operational plans, projects and associated budgets.
- Contribute to the site’s visitor-oriented experiences including exhibitions, public and education programs, events, outreach, marketing and online services.
- Other duties as required with respect to the scope of the position.
For more information or to apply visit: JobsWA.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.