The job opportunity
As the People and Culture Advisor – Payroll at the National Museum of Australia, you will undertake all aspects of payroll processing. You will undertake payroll matters that include:
- processing salaries, superannuation, allowances, workers compensation payments and leave using the Museum’s HR information system – Aurion
- responding to simple and complex client queries relating to employment conditions and entitlements
- implementing and continually improving the Museum’s personnel processes
- interpreting APS legislation, the Museum’s workplace agreements and other relevant materials on employment conditions and entitlements, advising Museum management and staff accordingly
- creating and managing productive working relationships with other areas of the Museum and external service providers to achieve overall goals and make appropriate personnel decisions
- supporting the HR Systems Administrator as required.
The key duties of the position include:
The successful candidate will have demonstrated knowledge and experience using Aurion or a similar HR system and a comprehensive understanding of relevant legislation, personnel practices and procedures. Previous experience in payroll and/or systems would be advantageous.
A client focus with strong communication skills will be highly regarded. In addition, the successful candidate will have a proven ability to effectively manage and schedule competing priorities and meet deadlines, work in a team environment and collaborate with others.
You will have the ability to identify issues and develop solutions to problems. You will also possess an inquisitive mind, with the ability to use your initiative and judgement, and be motivated to seek opportunities for business improvements.
Ready to apply?
Visit https://www.nma.gov.au/about/employment and apply online.