Welcome visitors in a friendly, courteous and professional manner, and assist with their enquiries by providing accurate information regarding museum and art gallery services, exhibitions and programs. Monitor visitor activity to ensure adherence to museum policies and procedures.
A fixed-term employment register is not a vacancy and inclusion on a register does not guarantee any offer of employment will be made.
Period of Appointment
Fixed term part time or Casual up to 12 months
- Provide a high level customer service to visitors. Anticipate and respond to the needs of visitors, providing information relating to TMAG services, exhibitions and public programs in a proactive and professional manner.
- Monitor visitor activity to ensure appropriate behaviour by guests to allow other visitors to appreciate the displays.
- Attend to, and report on, any situation which requires incident or emergency management plans to be activated.
- Maintain the cleanliness of public spaces, exhibitions and displays. Report exhibition maintenance requirements in a timely fashion.
- Assist exhibition, registration and conservation staff with the installation and maintenance of exhibitions.
- Maintain information in operational registers and complete basic record keeping tasks.
- Perform other duties as envisaged by the assigned band under the relevant industrial award or agreement and in accordance with the skills, competence and training of the occupant.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this role is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted.
- Conviction Check
- Crimes involving dishonesty.
- A current First Aid qualification from a recognised provider or ability to obtain a First Aid qualification within the first three (3) months of commencing employment
- Prior experience in a customer service focused role would be considered an advantage.