Are you our new Exhibitions Coordinator? Join our Exhibitions Team and be part of developing, project managing, delivering and maintaining MAGNT’s in house and incoming touring exhibition program.
Who are we looking for
We are seeking an experienced exhibitions professional to develop and implement strategies that profile MAGNT collections, exhibitions, programs and events and attract audiences to all MAGNT sites.
You will have:
- Diploma or Degree in an arts or relevant discipline.
- Experience in the receiving, unpacking, handling and shipping of cultural, scientific and historic material in a museum or art gallery environment.
- Passion for engaging audiences both in person and in the digital space.
- A knack for developing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Capacity to meet deadlines in a fast paced work environment.
In addition to working for a leading cultural and scientific institution, you will be rewarded with an attractive salary of $90,000 per annum plus generous additional benefits, including salary sacrificing options, flexible working arrangements and relocation assistance.
The Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory (MAGNT) is the Northern Territory’s premier cultural organisation.
Our principal facility since 1981 is on Larrakia Land at Bullocky Point in Darwin, home to internationally renowned cultural and scientific collections and research and exhibition programs.
MAGNT also operates the historic Fannie Bay Gaol in Darwin, the Museum of Central Australia incorporating the Strehlow Research Centre in Alice Springs, Megafauna Central and the Alcoota Fossil Bed site north east of Alice Springs.
MAGNT also manages the historic Lyons Cottage on Darwin’s Esplanade and the Defence of Darwin Experience at East Point in Darwin.
MAGNT attracts over 300,000 visitors annually to our sites.