Presenter, Scienceworks Museum – Irregular Part time, Ongoing x 2
- Present programs, activities and shows at Scienceworks.
- An opportunity to express your creativity and knowledge to education groups and general audiences.
- Based at Museums Victoria’s award winning venue, Scienceworks, and close to public transport.
Australia’s largest public museum organisation is seeking two Presenters to contribute to the audience experience through effective program delivery at Scienceworks.
ABOUT MUSEUMS VICTORIA:
Museums Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building.
To learn more about Museums Victoria, please visit museumvictoria.com.au/about/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The primary responsibility of the Presenters is to deliver programs, activities or shows in a way that engages Museums Victoria’s audiences and contributes to the audience experience.
Notable skills and experiences:
- Demonstrated ability to interpret science and technology for diverse audiences
- Awareness of education and learning techniques for diverse audiences.
- Well-developed communication, presentation and organisational skills with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams including working with multiple project leaders.
- Able to take responsibility for own performance and manage own work and time effectively.
This role is 0.26 FTE (20 hours per Fortnight); Part-time, ongoing position. The salary on offer is $49,216 (pro rata) + 9.5% superannuation.
HOW TO APPLY?
To view the position description, visit museumvictoria.com.au/employment/; for more information about this position, please contact Elise Murphy on (03) 9392 4842.
To apply, please send your Covering Letter, Resume, a statement addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria by visiting http://museumvictoria.com.au/employment/