Museum Victoria is seeking a Producer to lead the creative development and production of major exhibition projects and associated programs through effective planning, coordination and communication, according to rigorous project management methodology.
- Looking for a challenge? Project manage a multi-million dollar redevelopment of long-term exhibitions from Concept development through to Completion.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team of creative professionals
- Based at Museum Victoria’s award winning venue, Melbourne Museum, and close to public transport.
About Museum Victoria:
Museum Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building.
To learn more about Museum Victoria, please visit the website.
About the position:
The Producer is responsible for ensuring that exhibition projects are delivered on time and on budget and that the completed exhibitions are of outstanding quality.
Notable skills and experiences:
- High level expertise and extensive experience in the development, design, production and delivery of exhibitions or other major visitor experiences, preferably in a museum environment.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills with the proven ability to lead teams of professional staff and use specialist expertise from a variety of disciplines to ensure the effective and collaborative achievement of complex creative projects.
- Demonstrable project management skills and experience incorporating time, cost, quality, resource and risk management of significant projects.
- Experience engaging with sensitive cultural issues and stakeholders requiring a high level of skill in relationship management.
- Considerable experience in identifying, negotiating with, commissioning and managing external consultants and contractors.
- Knowledge of current trends in museum exhibition design, with the ability to develop and apply innovative approaches to exhibition development and an understanding of audience research and its role in exhibition development.
How to apply
To view the position description, search ‘employment’ at www.museumvictoria.com.au; for more information about this position, please contact Paul Bowers on (03) 8341 7372.