The Program Manager, Inspiring South Australia is responsible for delivering the Inspiring South Australia strategy which aims to highlight the excitement of science and discovery and the remarkable contribution of science to the South Australian community under the direction of both the national Inspiring Australia (IA) senior management team and the state-based Steering Committee, which is co-chaired by the Chief Scientist of South Australia and the Director of the South Australian Museum and comprises representatives from the University of South Australia, the University of Adelaide, Flinders University, the Department for Innovation and Skills and the South Australian Museum in order to support strategic priorities for science engagement in line with the national program.
The Inspiring South Australia program supports the national Inspiring Australia strategy, which aims to deliver a more scientifically engaged Australia where:
- Australians are inspired by and value scientific endeavour
- Australia attracts increasing national and international interest in its science
- Australians are critically engaged with key scientific issues
- Young Australians are encouraged to pursue scientific studies and careers
- The Incumbent will be required to participate in the department’s Performance Management Program.
- The Incumbent may be assigned to another position at this remuneration level or equivalent.
- Some work outside of normal hours will be required.
- Some interstate travel involving overnight absences will be required.
- This role requires a working with children check.
- This role requires a National Criminal History check
All applications must be submitted online.
Applicants to submit a covering letter (maximum of two pages) relevant to the Role Description together with a current Resume. Applications should include the name, email address and contact number of three current referees.
– Role Description Program Manager Inspiring SA ASO7.pdf
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
For more information or to apply visit: JobSA.