As the Programming Coordinator, Science Centre in the Queensland Museum Network (QMN), you will work as part of the Lifelong Learning team to provide lifelong learning experiences for people to create meaning from STEM at QMN using Science Centre experiences, collections, research and stories. You will lead the Science Centre team to develop and deliver learning programming that support learning for all visitors and aligns with the Australian curriculum.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of an annual operational plan and budget to optimise revenue and provide engaging experiences onsite and online in accordance with the QMN vision and strategic and operational direction.
- Design, develop, deliver and evaluate STEM learning programs that support inquiry learning and apply informal and/or formal learning strategies.
- Manage the daily operations of the Science Centre to deliver and report on outputs including staffing, supplies, financial administration, safety procedures and development of programming.
- Build networks with QMN colleagues and external industry professionals in STEM to develop sharing and programming opportunities for the Science Centre.
- Operationally manage and mentor, coach and train direct reports to develop capability and efficiency, support agreed outcomes, and have a strong customer and curriculum focus,
- Contribute as a QMN Lifelong Learning team member and engage with learning professionals to build customer loyalty, satisfaction and awareness of QMN offerings and ensure that school audiences are supported with high quality resources and unique STEM opportunities that align with the Australian Curriculum.
- Contribute to safety culture at QMN by reporting all incidents and hazards and ensuring work is undertaken in the safest way possible, following all QMN WHS policies and/or procedures and guidelines relevant to the job.
- Comply with QMN’s policies and procedures (including approval processes) and Government legislation.
For more information or to apply visit: JobsQld.