Project Manager – Auckland War Memorial Museum
|Closing date:||August 13, 2018|
|Institution:||Auckland War Memorial Museum|
|Salary:||Not supplied yet.|
|Contact name:||Not supplied yet.|
|Contact email:||Not supplied yet.|
Tamaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Ko Tamaki Paenga Hira, hewaengarahi ake, he ngakau mahaki mo te kaitiakitanga taonga pu korero, pakiwaitara, korero tipua ano hoki mai i nga kai para korero.
Auckland Museum is a much-loved organisation at the centre of Auckland’s identity, committed to developing and sharing engaging content through its galleries, exhibitions, events and educational programmes.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Project Manager to a full-time permanent role within the Learning & Engagement team. The Project Manager is responsible for working across a variety of project teams to deliver public programmes on time and within budget. They will ensure that the appropriate processes and procedures are in place to enable effective implementation and realisation of these projects.
As a vital member of the team, you will contribute to the delivery of Learning and Engagement programmes that are strong at our core, shared and connected through digital channels, and alive in Auckland communities.
Key responsibilities for this position are:
- Managing project teams to deliver public programming within the agreed approvals process on time, on budget, and to a high standard, meeting the agreed project goals and objectives.
- Contributing to the implementation, development, and evolution of project management policies, processes, and tools for the Learning and Engagement team.
- Driving reflective practice leading to continuous improvement in public programmes and processes.
- Facilitating co-development of public programmes with external groups and managing complex stakeholder and community relationships
- Resource, risk, issue and financial management
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A minimum of 5 years senior project management experience in the creative or GLAM sector preferably with Museum experience.
- Strong leadership skills coupled with effective facilitation and collaborative skills.
- Proven ability to deliver complex public programmes and projects on time and to budget with high quality and widely accepted results.
- Experience of facilitating co-development of public programmes and partnership projects within a Museum or similar environment.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and conflicting priorities to meet deadlines.
- Experience in identifying and recommending cost effective solutions and organising resources accordingly.
- A high level of attention to detail and quality.
- Highly developed and effective oral and written communication skills.
To apply for this job, please apply online or go to our job site http://careers.aucklandmuseum.com and enter the job code 12990.
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this position.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.