Tamaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Ko Tamaki Paenga Hira, hewaengarahi ake, he ngakau mahaki mo te kaitiakitanga taonga pu korero, pakiwaitara, korero tipua ano hoki mai i nga kai para korero.
Auckland Museum is an influential, much-loved organisation at the centre of Auckland’s identity, committed to developing and sharing engaging content through its galleries, exhibition, events and educational programmes.
Responsible for the development, management and delivery of two WWI gallery renewal projects. The role is a fixed term maternity cover that will commence at the end of July and runs until September 2016. During this period you will work on the delivery of our first gallery from detailed design through to the first stages of installation, the gallery is due to open in November 2016. The second gallery will be going from concept design through to detailed design phase.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Understand the principles of equal opportunities, diversity management and the Treaty of Waitangi as they relate to the Museum environment (standard in all adverts)
- Advanced understanding of Project Management principles
- Proven experience in Exhibition/Gallery renewal project management
- Proven experience in co-ordinating and communicating with a wide ranging team of internal and external stakeholders
- Proven experience in project documentation, budgeting and cost reporting
- Proven record of project delivery within a complex environment including external contractors
Closing Date: Tuesday, 30th June 2015
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to apply for this position.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
To apply for this job please visit our job site http://careers.aucklandmuseum.com and enter the job code 5695.
You must apply via our careers site. Applications submitted incorrectly will not be processed.