Tamaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Ko Tamaki Paenga Hira, hewaengarahi ake, he ngakau mahaki mo te kaitiakitanga taonga pu korero, pakiwaitara, korero tipua ano hoki mai i nga kai para korero.
Auckland Museum is an influential, much-loved organisation at the centre of Auckland’s identity, committed to developing and sharing engaging content through its galleries, exhibition, events and educational programmes. This is an exciting opportunity to work within the Museum’s Public Programmes and Capital Projects Directorate, as part of the master planning team and key capital investment projects. This project management role will focus on the development and planning of content and interpretation projects, supporting the Museum’s long term gallery development plan for the next five to ten years. To be successful in this role, you will:
- Proven long standing experience ( over five years ) in project management within a Museum environment including gallery renewal / exhibition development teams and contractors
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management methodology.
- Understanding and experience of the use of wide range of interpretative media for collections
- Extensive experience with complex collections-based museum projects preferred.
- Proven record of managing teams in a project based environment.
- Understand the principles of equal opportunities, diversity management and the Treaty of Waitangi as they relate to the Museum environment (standard in all adverts)
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this position. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
To apply for this position, please go to the Museum’s website using this link and search using the job title. Please do not attempt to apply via email as your application will not be registered.
To apply for this job, please apply online or go to our job site http://careers.aucklandmuseum.com and enter the job code 4770MA.
You must apply via our careers site. Applications submitted incorrectly will not be processed.
Closing Date: 5.00pm Sunday, 8 March 2015