The Project Manager, Project D.I.G. is a dynamic position for the Queensland Museum Network (QMN) created through an innovative partnering agreement between QMN and BHP. Through the partnership, QMN and BHP (the Partners) have created Project D.I.G., a holistic, research program focusing on innovative scientific research using advanced imaging technologies. The program will build a consolidated resource of scientific imaging data that can be shared with the scientific research community and general public through multiple communication pathways. The role is responsible for managing the successful delivery of the project in accordance with the provisions of the partnering agreement between QMN and BH.
- Develop and manage the annual partnership work plan and budget, and lead a small team in the successful delivery of project milestones.
- Manage the day-to-day operational relationship between QMN and BHP.
- Lead and direct staff who are responsible for development and delivery of Project D.I.G. elements such as research outcomes, IMIT products, communications, events, STEM education and lifelong learning activities.
- Interpret and interrogate primary and secondary data to model/assess collaboration and commercial opportunities and develop a wide range of high-quality communications tools including funding proposals, business plans, executive reports, ministerial correspondence and briefing papers
- Build, maintain and leverage cooperative and productive working relationships with Queensland Museum Network colleagues and stakeholders in government, academia and industry to achieve strategic goals
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with QMN staff to create appropriate connections and linkages across all QMN business units to ensure activities are embedded in QM operations thereby improving capability and capacity of QMN staff expertise.
- Work closely with the QMN Marketing team to ensure the implementation of the partnership communication and engagement strategy is successfully implemented, communicating the partnership and outcomes to key stakeholders.
- Adopting and implementing QMN project management methodology, produce comprehensive project progress reports to the Steering Committee on a quarterly basis and coordinate secretariat duties for the Steering Committee to provide documentation of the meetings.
- Provide bi-annual reports to BHP in relation to project delivery, budget expenditure and communication of the partners and partnership.
- Contribute to and participate in any working parties associated with the partnership activities. Provide direction to the implementation and delivery of activity relating to inter-agency collaboration.
- Collaborate and nurture relationships with other external stakeholders relevant to Project D.I.G. to grow support and recognition of the QMN as one of Australia’s premier research institutions.
- Develop and manage the annual workplan and budget for Project D.I.G.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan which supports the continued development of a long-term partnership between BHP and QMN.
- Take all safety measures when performing duties to ensure the safety of yourself and others, and comply with QM’s workplace health and safety policies, procedures and Government legislation.
For more information or to apply visit: JobsQld.