Museum Victoria is seeking a Project Officer to assist in the establishment and maintenance of MVWISE; a mobile electronic system used to view and update information in Museum Victoria’s collection management database EMu.
About Museum Victoria:
Museum Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Theatre and the World Heritage-listed Royal Exhibition Building. For more information about Museum Victoria, please visit http://museumvictoria.com.au/
About the position:
The position is accountable for enhancing collection management standards, particularly relating to inventory control, by accurately capturing data relating to Museum Victoria’s collections utilising MVWISE. Notable skill sets required for this position include:
- Understanding of the principles and practices used to manage heritage collections and proven experience in the physical management of collections.
- Demonstrated experience in the information management of collections, particularly inventory control, utilising computer based information systems.
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated experience in, searching, creating and editing records and troubleshooting within museum databases, particularly EMu.
- Experience in developing and implementing procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work independently.
This position is based at the Moreland but will officially be moving to Melbourne Museum in the coming months (Carlton Gardens).
How to apply:
To view the position description, search ’employment’ at www.museumvictoria.com.au; for more information about this position, please contact Jessica Day on 0481 401 119.
To apply, please send your covering letter, resume and a statement addressing each of the key selection criteria by visiting http://museumvictoria.com.au/about/work-opportunities/employment/