Project Officer, Strategy & Operations – MAAS
|Closing date:||June 20, 2021|
|Institution:||Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences|
|Salary:||$119,558. Package includes salary ($97,443 - $107,864), employer's contribution to superannuation, and annual leave loading|
|Employment status:||Full-time fixed-term position up to 4 years|
|Location :||Sydney Region / Sydney - Inner West|
|Contact name:||Belinda Christie|
Exciting opportunity to contribute to the renewal of the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences including the development of the Powerhouse Precinct at Parramatta, expansion of the Museums Discovery Centre and the strategic development of the Ultimo Creative Industries Precinct.
The Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences sits at the intersection of the arts, design, science and technology and plays a critical role in engaging communities with contemporary ideas and issues. Established in 1879, the museum includes the Powerhouse Museum, Sydney Observatory and the Powerhouse in Castle Hill. The Museum is custodian to over half a million objects of national and international significance and is considered one of the finest and most diverse collections in Australia.
The Powerhouse Precinct at Parramatta is one of the largest cultural infrastructure projects currently being undertaken in the country. The project will transform and renew one of Australia’s oldest and most important cultural institutions and carry forward its legacy to reflect the changing needs of the contemporary communities of NSW.
Project Officer, Strategy and Operations – Powerhouse Program
The Project Officer, Strategy and Operations will provide high-level support and coordination to contribute to the client-side strategic, design and delivery functions of the Powerhouse Program through providing project management, reporting and support services to the Powerhouse Program team. You will have strong attention to detail, a commitment to delivering outcomes and the ability to meet multiple deadlines. Through your collaborative approach, you will contribute to the successful delivery of the Powerhouse Program.
You will have;
- Experience in contributing to large-scale project delivery.
- High-level project administration skills including the preparation of reports, briefs, budgets and documentation.
- Strong communication skills to ensure collaborative and ongoing relationships across Government, private and community stakeholders.
- Experience in undertaking research and analysis and preparing project briefs to support informed decision-making and planning.
- Ability to source, collate and compile data to track and report on project progress against established milestones and deliverables.
- A strong understanding of business systems and operating procedures to support team delivery and ensure continuous improvement.
- Experience in the delivery and coordination of secretariat services.
For more information or to apply visit: JobsNSW.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.