This is a full time, fixed term vacancy, for a period of 12 months, with a possibility of extension and/or permanency. There will also be a Pool running for a period of 18 months from the initial appointment. Applicants deemed suitable will be placed into a pool from which full-time, part-time, fixed term or permanent appointments may be made.
This position is located at the Museum’s head office at 49 Kew Street, Welshpool.
As the Project Officer you will be required to coordinate and develop projects and programs for community organisations dealing with material culture within regional areas.
- Coordinate projects within the Development Service that relate particularly to the Regional Strategy of the Museum.
- Contribute to providing strategic advice and relevant briefings including Ministerials and report writing, development of policies aligned with the National Standards and the provision of advisory and training services for staff and client organisations.
- Represent the Museum on advisory and consultative bodies in the management of the Distributed National Collection, develop strategic partnerships and alliances with non-gove
ment bodies, foundations and other agencies.
- Conduct training workshops for Museum staff and community clients and develop technical information documents for actual and web delivery.
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for a full list of duties and work related requirements for this position.
How to apply for this position
Applicants are required to apply on-line and must provide:
- a comprehensive CV
- a two A4 page (maximum) outline on your skills and knowledge in relation to the Work Related Requirements that are listed on the attached Job Description Form
- a completed Advertised Vacancy Form
- For further details on how to apply please read the attached ‘Applicant Information Package’.
To submit your application, please click on the Apply for Job button.
If you are unable to apply online, please refer to the attached Applicant Information Package (section ‘Submitting Your Application’). If you are experiencing technical difficulties, please contact the helpline on (08) 6552 7499 or email [email protected] for further assistance.
Please note that all of the Essential Work Related Requirements will be assessed at some stage during the selection process.
For further job related information, please contact James Dexter on (08) 9427 2875 (not to be contacted for an Applicant Information Package).
NO FAXED, LATE OR PROFORMA APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
To avoid last minute congestion of the system which may result in your application being received after the closing time and therefore not be eligible, please endeavour to submit your application well before the closing time.
CLOSING DATE: Monday, 23 March 2015 at 4.00 pm (AWST)