Registration Special Projects Manager – MAAS
|Closing date:||August 25, 2019|
|Institution:||Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences|
|Salary:||$112,708. Package includes salary ($85,043 - $101,684), employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading|
|Location :||Sydney Region / Sydney - Inner West|
|Contact name:||Priya Bajaj, 02 9217 0445|
|Contact email:||Not supplied yet.|
The Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences (MAAS) is an executive agency of the New South Wales State Government. Embodying the best of design ingenuity and innovation, the Museum profiles one of the world’s great collections and is a highly successful interdisciplinary institution that sits at the intersection of the arts, design, science and technology and plays a critical role in supporting the brand and vision of the city.
The Powerhouse Precinct at Parramatta is one of the largest cultural infrastructure projects currently being undertaken in Australia. The project will transform and renew one of Australia’s oldest and most important cultural institutions and carry forward its legacy to reflect the changing needs of the contemporary communities of NSW
The Registration Special Projects Manager is responsible for project managing the review and update of the Registration Unit’s suite of policies and procedures to support the renewal of the Museum.
Key highlights of the role:
- Identify opportunities to revise and renew collection management practices
- Project manage the revision of policies and procedures for the Registration Unit
- Lead and facilitate consultation with relevant internal stakeholders and maintain external stakeholder relationships
- Implement updated policies and procedures through relevant communications
- Assist the Registration Manager and contribute to implementation of strategic plan.
We offer fabulous employee benefits including:
- Career Development
- Generous salary packaging options
- Leave loading
- Diverse Work Culture
- Work/life balance, variety and flexibility
- And much more!
We are looking for someone to join the team with the following attributes:
- Extensive knowledge and experience in museum collection management and documentation, including exhibition processes.
- Knowledge and experience of collection information systems, including solution development and implementation.
- Demonstrated understanding of legislation and regulations that apply to museum collection management, including risk management.
- Degree in Museum Studies or equivalent industry experience.
If you encounter technical issues please contact I Work for NSW Support Team on 1800 562 679 (Mon-Fri) or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or to apply visit: Jobs NSW.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.