Relationship Manager – Australian Museum
|Closing date:||July 18, 2022|
|Institution:||Australian Museum Trust|
|Salary:||$122,556. Package includes salary ($99,431 - $110,064), employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading|
|Employment status:||Temporary Full-time (for a period of up to 4 years)|
|Location :||Sydney Region / Sydney City|
|Contact name:||Claudia Rowe, Head of Development|
About the Australian Museum
The Australian Museum is located on the traditional homelands of the Gadigal people of the Eora nation. The Australian Museum acknowledges the Gadigal people as the Traditional Owners and custodians of the land, sky and waterways, paying respect to Elders past, present and emerging.
The Australian Museum (AM) operates within the NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet, is the first museum in Australia and was founded in 1827. The AM provides access, engagement and scientific research to increase our understanding of natural history and culture, particularly of the Australasian region. The AM holds more than 21 million objects of biological, geological and cultural collections and develops programs, exhibitions and school and community education initiatives onsite, online and offsite.
The AM mission is: To ignite wonder, inspire debate and drive change.
The AM vision is: To be a leading voice for the richness of life, the Earth and culture in Australia and the Pacific. We commit to transform the conversation around climate change, the environment and wildlife conservation; be a strong advocate for First Nations’ culture; and continue to develop world-leading science, collections, exhibitions and education programs.
For more information, visit the website.
The AM supports a diverse workforce and promotes applications from First Nation and Torres Strait Islander people. People with disabilities who meet the selection criteria are encouraged to apply; and where required, Australian Museum will implement reasonable adjustment consistent with industry standard.
About the role
Enthusiastic with a love of learning, the Relationship Manager will develop and steward a portfolio of donors with a focus on securing gifts of $25k+. With exceptional interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence, the person will proactively manage and develop relationships in order to solicit gifts from prospects and existing donors. The position will also support senior relationship managers at the Museum in the stewardship of major and principal gifts.
We are seeking a driven Relationship Manager to secure gifts of $25k+ over a four year period.
You will have:
- great organisational skills, be enthusiastic, results-focussed and a self-starter
- experience establishing, nurturing and stewarding relationships within a portfolio of existing and prospective donors and foundations
- excellent writing skills, including the ability to draft grant applications and donor communications
- exemplary interpersonal skills, including effective listening, empathy and discretion
- the ability to build and sustain relationships and exceptional customer service
- a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure and establish priorities
- a demonstrated growth and learning mindset with a positive, solution focused attitude.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in business, communications, marketing and event management or a related field or equivalent work experience
Knowledge & Experience
- Current knowledge and working experience to deliver the Key Accountabilities and perform to the Focus Capabilities as outlined in this Role Description
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office suite products and previous use of CRM systems
The successful applicant will be subject to a national criminal records check.
For more information or to apply visit: JobsNSW.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.