The Retail and Online Sales section is responsible for managing the commercial aspects of the Memorial: the Memorial Shop, the eSales Unit, and the Memorial’s catering contract for events and cafés.
The Retail and Online Sales team coordinates the sales of books, souvenirs and other products in the Memorial Shop, as well as the online sales of Shop products and National Collection items (images, film and sound). Online sales are managed through the Memorial’s e-commerce platform.
The Retail and Online Sales Officer works across both the Memorial Shop and the eSales unit and will provide; customer service to in-store and online customers, respond to enquiries, process orders, facilitate financial transactions, actively manage stock and inventory processing, and maintain dispatch areas and storage locations.
This position fulfils thousands of orders and face-to-face transactions annually – although generally straightforward, managing the volume of orders requires enthusiasm, stamina and exemplary customer service skills. The Retail and Online Sales Officer works within a small but dedicated team, and will liaise with other teams across the Memorial on a regular basis. Customer contact is frequent and there are daily manual handling tasks.
Under general direction, work with minimal supervision to:
- Provide high-level customer service to assist with enquiries and sales of Memorial Shop products/merchandise.
- Undertake order fulfilment tasks, including order lodgement, financial transactions (e.g. payments, refunds, invoicing), product picking, and packaging and dispatch of customer orders.
- Update the e-commerce workflow management system to manage order fulfilment tasks and to ensure delivery schedules are met.
- Ensure the accurate control of all inventories from all locations including receipting of stock, managing supplier returns, and overseeing the transferring of goods between branches to maintain accurate stock levels.
- Undertake stocktake processes, including variance reporting and stock investigation to ensure stock accuracy.
- Undertake stock-receipting, returns and invoice-matching to ensure suppliers are paid in a timely manner through the Memorial’s Finance section.
- Actively maintain clean and safe dispatch and storage locations (on and off-site).
- Liaise with other teams across the Memorial to facilitate customer orders.
- Actively adopt new procedures or strategies to maintain efficient operation of the team.
- Undertake additional projects within the scope of the role with minimal supervision, as directed by Head, Retail and Online Sales.
- Experience working with retail-based database systems (e.g. Point of Sales and inventory management systems, online sales systems, etc.)
The Memorial is committed to workplace diversity and maintains an environment that values the contribution of people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. The Memorial welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, veterans, mature age people, people from diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. To be eligible for ongoing or non-ongoing employment, Australian Citizenship is required.
For more information or to apply visit: AWMJobs.