Sales Administrator, Functions & Events – MV
|Closing date:||July 27, 2021|
|Salary:||The salary on offer is $61,016 per annum (Base of Grade) plus 10% superannuation|
|Employment status:||This role is full time ongoing working 5 days a week and may be required to work on the weekends|
|Location :||Melbourne - CBD|
|Contact name:||Jo Beshara|
ABOUT MUSEUMS VICTORIA: For more than 165 years, the people of Victoria have turned to their State museum to connect the past and the present, and to imagine the future. Our venues include Melbourne Museum, the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Royal Exhibition Building, Bunjilaka Aboriginal Cultural Centre, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, Melbourne Planetarium and IMAX Melbourne where we deliver unique exhibitions, programs and experiences for visitors from across Australia and around the globe. As Australasia’s largest public museum organisation, Museums Victoria is a major contributor to the cultural life of the state of Victoria and a global leader of scientific research and education. Our museums are places of trusted knowledge that fuel our imaginations and provide our visitors with a deeper understanding of the world we live in.
Museums Victoria is seeking a highly motivated and organised sales administrator to work in the Museum Spaces and Events team. The successful candidate will be passionate about delivering extraordinary event experiences and manage the administrative work associated with event sales across Museums Victoria’s iconic venues including Melbourne Museum, Scienceworks, Immigration Museum and the Royal Exhibition Building. With a passion for excellent customer service, the successful candidate will demonstrate outstanding communication skills, have exceptional attention to detail and understand the importance of strong relationship management and working to deadlines.
This position is accountable for managing all event administrative tasks and processes, ensuring the efficient operation of the sales team. This will ensure a harmonious relationship between Museum Victoria’s clients, contractors, suppliers and stakeholders.
The successful applicant will have experience or training in event or hospitality sales with the drive and determination to learn more.
Key duties of this role include:
- Manage all administrative tasks associated with the sale of products, including the preparation and administration of contracts, financial administration, including but not limited to budget tracking, reporting and file management;
- Support the team with the delivery of stakeholder and ticketed events;
- Manage the initial sales enquiry for all venues, conduct site inspections when required.
- Assist with project work; develop procedures and templates to improve systems.
- Assist in the development of sales, marketing and business plans to identify target markets and to drive incremental revenue growth; undertake research, tasks and actions associated with the implementation of the above plans, as directed.
- Complete administrative tasks to aid the efficient running of the sales team including the taking of minutes at meetings, general phone, email and calendar management and other tasks, as directed.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to both internal and external clients;
- Work closely with Managers and the team to continuously exceed customer expectations, driving repeat and regular business and developing new partnerships.
For more information or to apply visit: JobsVic.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.