School Heritage Symposium
16th International Network of School Heritage Symposium
Sovereign Hill Museum
March 25th-28th 2015
The organising committee of the16th International Symposium on School Life and School History Museums & Collections is seeking expressions of interest from school museums, researchers, history teachers, museum schools and other interested individuals to provide a presentation at the 2015 Symposium which will be held in Sovereign Hill Ballarat.
Theme: “Learning through History”
Whilst this is a very broad theme we wish to explore the creative ways schools, museums and universities present the history of the past.
The aim of the symposium, which connects school museums, researchers, history teachers and museum schools, is to present and explore:
1. The effectiveness of role play
2. Museums – How do you present history?
3. Lobbying for funds
4. The history of education from a university perspective.
The working language of the conference is English. The presentations should be no longer than 15 minutes and at the end of four presentations there will be 30 minutes for discussion and questions.
Closing date for receipt of abstracts abstracts submission is 30th September 2014
Notification of papers accepted will take place by 31st October 2014
Please click here for the submission form.
All submissions are to include a 100 word biography, and 300 word abstract.
Interested parties are invited to submit an abstract to
or by mail to:
Sovereign Hill School,
c/o Sovereign Hill Post Office
1. The invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the Conference.
2. Presenters of accepted abstracts are required to register for the conference.
3. By submitting this proposal you grant the organisers permission to publish the abstract (and final paper) in hard copy and electronic format. The organising committee’s decision on acceptance of proposals will be final.