Senior Conservator, Objects – TMAG
|Closing date:||August 23, 2020|
|Institution:||Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery|
|Salary:||$64,886.00 to $106,375.00 per annum, pro rata|
|Employment status:||Fixed-term, flexible, Fixed-term, part-time|
|Location :||Hobart, Tas|
|Contact name:||Phiilippa Cox, A/G Registrar Phone: (03) 6165 6902|
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace that understands the importance of flexibility. Talk to us about what flexibility may look like for you.
Period of Appointment
Hours per fortnight
.4 FTE (29 hours and 24 minutes per fortnight)
- Examine and conserve objects from the TMAG collections and those on loan to TMAG as required.
- Maintain documentation on all work undertaken and prepare condition reports as required.
- Develop, coordinate and review policies and services relating to the conservation of TMAG’s collections and related collection areas.
- Provide specialist professional advice, support, and guidance to TMAG staff on matters of storage, display, handling and transportation.
- Provide conservation advice and services as required to other bodies and individuals responsible for cultural heritage collections and act as a professional representative of the TMAG when required.
- Maintain an awareness of best practice and current developments in conservation practices and advise on development of conservation strategies in areas such as collection care, essential services, pest management and disaster planning.
- Undertake priority setting and identification of appropriate grants and income-generating activities
Evidence of the following must be provided prior to appointment to this role:
- A degree or tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline
The person must continue to satisfy the above essential requirements/qualifications throughout their employment in this role.
- Relevant work experience in a similar environment would be well regarded
- Current driver’s licence
For more information or to apply visit: JobsTas.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.