Senior Digital Developer – MAAS
|Closing date:||June 20, 2021|
|Institution:||Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences|
|Salary:||Salary between $97,433 – $107,864 + superannuation + leave loading|
|Employment status:||1 x Temporary full-time role (up to June 2023) has arisen for experienced Senior Digital Developer|
|Location :||Sydney Region / Sydney - Inner West|
|Contact name:||Nathan Utama|
The Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences (MAAS) is an executive agency of the New South Wales State Government. Embodying the best of design ingenuity and innovation, the Museum profiles one of the world’s great collections and is a highly successful interdisciplinary institution that sits at the intersection of the arts, design, science and technology and plays a critical role in supporting the brand and vision of the city.
The Powerhouse Precinct at Parramatta is one of the largest cultural infrastructure projects currently being undertaken in Australia. The project will transform and renew one of Australia’s oldest and most important cultural institutions and carry forward its legacy to reflect the changing needs of the contemporary communities of NSW.
The Senior Digital Developer (Online Collections) is responsible for the technical development and operational support of the Powerhouse Online Collection website and platform.
Key highlights of the role:
- Lead technical development of the Powerhouse collection website, digital labels and collection based in-gallery interactives, including front-end and back-end components.
- Maintain and develop the custom-built collection API, collection harvester and integrations with the EMu collection management system.
- Maintain a prioritized engineering backlog for the online collection. Plan, estimate, and deliver on time according to agreed-upon estimates.
- Support registration and strategic collections teams to maintain the quality of collection data displayed on the collection website.
- Ensure code quality, adherence to security standards and best practice in application development including build/release processes
- Support research and development on emerging technologies including AR/VR, AI and machine learning and their potential application to enhance the online collection, working with internal and external partners.
- Create and maintain technical documentation and specifications.
What will it take?
We are looking for someone to join the team with the following attributes:
- Experience designing complex websites and applications using contemporary web technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in API development.
- Strong knowledge of cross-browser, cross-device development to build responsive websites in accordance with web accessibility standards.
- Strong skills in the development of cloud applications using AWS or similar cloud computing platforms.
- Experience building Elasticsearch applications and configuring Elasticsearch clusters on AWS.
- Familiarity with build tools such as Webpack and Docker.
- Strong experience with Git code version control including branching and pull-request workflow
For more information or to apply visit: JobsNSW.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.