To be eligible to apply for this role you must meet these requirements:
- Tertiary qualifications (degree or diploma) in Interior Design or Architecture or equivalent, along with a minimum 5 years’ experience with a strong portfolio in exhibition, museum/gallery and cultural project design.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate, create and direct a high quality and innovative design approach within the museum and the public context.
- Proven ability to combine conceptual and visual design elements to compliment specific exhibitions and displays and facilitate audience experience.
- Experience with working flexibly in a team to deliver design outcomes and a demonstrated ability to liaise effectively with colleagues and contractors at all levels.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant codes of practice in the building industry which forms part of the building code of Australia and the Australian standards for materials, methods of construction and prescriptive codes of architectural design.
- High level written and oral communication skills; IT literate including VectorWorks and/or AutoCAD, analytical and decision making skills; project management and strategic planning skills
Other requirements: The successful applicant is required to undergo, and for new employees meet the cost of a National Police Records Check, and be assessed as suitable.
Your application must include:
No more than two A4 pages. Must include short statements in response to the two targeted questions below (drawn from the Core Competencies required in the Role Description) There are no selection criteria to address
No more than three A4 pages. Must be up to date with current employment, and clearly details your skills and experience as relevant to this role. Must include referee contacts. We will not contact referees without your consent.
Provide a case study for an exhibition design concept you have developed, designed and implemented. Explain your approach and demonstrate how you met the requirements of the brief.
Provide an example of your experience of working flexibly in a team to deliver design outcomes.
The Museum of Applied Arts & Sciences welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with a disability. If you have individual requirements that need to be accommodated in order to participate in the selection process and join the Museum, please indicate this in your application.