Senior Finance Officer x 3 – Sydney Living Museums
|Closing date:||December 4, 2022|
|Institution:||Sydney Living Museums|
|Salary:||Clerk Grade 3/4 - $93,072. Package includes salary ($75,992 to $83,211), employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.|
|Location :||Sydney Region / Sydney City|
|Contact name:||Devangi Joshi, 0421 406 367|
|Contact email:||Not supplied yet.|
We are looking for a collaborative and authentic Senior Finance Officer who is excited to join a leading NSW Government Executive Agency as we embark on a period of change and expansion. You will be joining a professional and dynamic team that is focused on delivering high quality results and services.
What we do
State Archives and Records Authority of NSW (SARA) and Sydney Living Museums (SLM) have been partnered together since 2019. SLM is a State cultural institution that cares for a group of 12 of the most important NSW historic houses, gardens and their collections, including the National and UNESCO World Heritage-listed Hyde Park Barracks. Housing a vast collection pre-dating European settlement in 1788, SARA is one of Australia’s preeminent archives and records authorities; responsible for the development, preservation, and access to the State’s archives. Managing and storing over 750kms of government records for NSW public sector offices.
The organisations also operate commercial functions that contribute significantly to the sustainability of the agencies. This includes retail, food & beverage, venue hire and, through SARA’s Government Records Repository, commercial storage, records management, digitisation and consultancy services.
We have an exciting opportunity to create a new cultural institution, Museums of History NSW (MHNSW) by bringing together the Sydney Living Museums (SLM) and State Archives and Records Authority of NSW (SARA). As MHNSW, our collective assets and expertise will enable us to achieve even more, together. The new organisation will be the first cultural institution in NSW with history as its core focus – collecting, managing, preserving, and providing public access to government archives, objects, materials, buildings, places and stories that shape the historic, social, political and cultural identity of NSW.
Alongside the creation of Museums of History NSW will be the formation of the State Records Authority NSW (SRANSW) which will be separate to Museums of History NSW and will focus on record keeping standards, regulation, advice, education and policy.
Be a part of this once-in-a-generation opportunity!
What you’ll do with us
This role will coordinate and support a range of accounting and administrative activities to meet organisational and statutory objectives for a range of key stakeholders across Sydney Living Museums and NSW State Archives & Records Authority.
What the essential requirements of the role are
- At least two years of accounting experience and minimum qualification an advanced diploma in accounting or finance related course
- Understanding and experience of financial accounting, month end journals, reconciliations, fixed assets
- Working knowledge of commonly used software systems including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Possession of a valid NSW drivers’ licence.
- Willingness to work across multiple locations.
- To be eligible for an ongoing role in the NSW Public Sector you need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident. For temporary and casual roles, you need to hold a valid visa giving you permission to work in Australia as required by the role. All successful candidates will be required to undergo a criminal record check with NSW Police.
- If you are speech or hearing impaired, have access requirements that require reasonable adjustment in the assessment process, or require access to information about this vacancy in a different format, please call the Head of People & Culture on 02 8239 2366.
- A talent pool may be created for future ongoing and temporary roles and is valid for a period of up to 18 months.
For more information or to apply visit: JobsNSW.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.