Australia’s largest public museum organisation is seeking a Senior Interactive Technical Officer to join its Technical Services team at Scienceworks.
ABOUT MUSEUM VICTORIA:
Museum Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at four distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building. Museum Victoria also operates discrete storage areas in Spotswood and Coburg where this position would be primarily based. For more information about Museum Victoria, please visit https://museumsvictoria.com.au/about-us/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The purpose of this role is to provide knowledge, creativity, and specialist expertise in the planning, designing and fabrication of interactive exhibits and the coordination and implementation of their ongoing maintenance.
Notable skill sets required for this position include:
- Extensive trade experience in machining, welding (Tig, Arc and Oxy) and workshop practises and an understanding of Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
- As a team member contribute to the design, documentation, and production of Interactive exhibits and the installation and ongoing operation of exhibitions.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with team members and communicate technical issues to non-technical staff.
The successful applicant will have:
- Understanding of relevant industrial standards including Occupational Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Effective time management and administration skills and the ability to manage small budgets.
- An understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics, lighting, audio, video and computer technologies and their application in a variety of public environments.
For more information or to apply visit: JobsVic.