An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Lighting Technician to join our Production team. In this role you will utilise your knowledge and skills of lighting design and technical expertise to enable museum and gallery spaces to be optimally illuminated whether for guidance and orientation, creating atmosphere or conserving Objects. Day to day, you will:
- Deliver and manage the implementation of lighting Design, Installation and Maintenance in Object sensitive areas for Exhibitions at MAAS
- Collaborate on the design, plan and implement the exhibition lighting of permanent, temporary or touring exhibitions
- Supervise and lead lighting staff and contractors to ensure project delivery within the exhibition deadlines and budgets
- Develop and document all stages of the lighting design process including lighting and basic electrical plans, preliminary design and if required 3D renderings or sketches
- Work in collaboration with Conservation to ensure Lighting Design is meeting international and Australian Museum Conservation Standards
- Provide expert advice about lighting design, lighting levels and equipment
- Ongoing asset maintenance, stocktaking and documentation of Lighting equipment
- Keeping up to date with sustainable practices, their implementation, equipment and new evolving technologies
- Research and provide equipment recommendations for lighting purposes within exhibitions
Those joining the MAAS team at this time will be given a career-defining opportunity to work on a project will which will break new ground in the way museums do business.
- Qualifications in Lighting Design or relevant work experience with a proven experience in Museum, Art Gallery or other relevant cultural organisations, working knowledge of international conservation guidelines and relevant codes of practice relating to the building industry.
- Proficiency in programs such as Vectorworks, AutoCAD, Word and Excel. The ability to use standard software and learn in house systems is also required.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate, create and direct a high-quality lighting design approach within the Museum to complement each of our Exhibitions and support our visitor Experience
- Construction White Card
- Drivers licence
For more information or to apply visit JobsNSW.