The Senior Project Manager is responsible for providing project management across a variety of Museum projects. This includes writing reports and submissions, contracts and other relevant documentation. The position works closely with the Manager of Property Projects and Design team involving the management of all of the relevant internal and external consultants, contractors, staff and project budgets, to ensure the smooth delivery of the projects. The Senior Project Manager may be required to represent the Museum at meetings with other agencies and the Peninsula Partners who work together on the Acton Peninsula Structure plan.
The position also assists with supporting the project assistant within the team.
- The key responsibilities include: Manage a small team of internal and external project professionals to deliver multiple capital works projects within resource, budget and timeframe limits.
- Be directly accountable for the budget, quality and program performances of allocated NMA capital works projects.
- Manage and deliver the process of facility planning for capital projects including the relevant internal and external approval processes, procurement, contract negotiation, scheduling and budget management of appropriate construction contracts for capital works projects and ensure the NMA risk exposure is minimised.
- Ensure all Capital Works projects embrace and include Environmental Sustainable Design requirements, to ensure new facilities meet greenhouse energy ratings.
- Provide accurate and reliable budget estimates for planning and management purposes and prepare funding submissions as required.
- Prepare documents and amend where necessary for a variety of audiences.
- Oversee the coordination of meetings, minutes and manage the circulation of documentation and completion of actions to internal staff and contractors.
- Manage and coordinate the repair and maintenance of items identified in the project defects lists including liaison with contractors and reporting back to internal stakeholders.
- Presentations to internal and external stakeholders including Council, Executive, staff, other Boards and organisations.
- Ensure that the Senior Project Manager has sufficient supervision, instruction and equipment to undertake their work safely and that employees are provided with sufficient supervision, instruction and equipment to enable them to perform their duties safely.
- Other tasks as directed.
To be eligible to apply for this vacancy, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen;
- undergo a number of pre-employment checks, which includes a police records check.
- Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for a specified term
- Non-ongoing for 18 months with possible extension for up to 3 years
For more information or to apply visit APSJobs.