Museum Victoria is seeking a Senior Technician, Technical Events to work with clients and Event staff to successfully execute and safeguard the technical operation and infrastructure for events.
- Your opportunity to plan and implement exciting campaigns for Museum Victoria.
- Work within a supportive and friendly team environment.
- Based at Museum Victoria’s award winning venue, Melbourne Museum, and close to public transport.
About Museum Victoria:
Museum Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building.
To learn more about Museum Victoria, please visit the website.
About the position:
The position is accountable for overseeing the effective execution and coordination of technical events to ensure client satisfaction and compliance with relevant venue, industry and legal regulations.
Notable skills and experiences:
- Demonstrated specialist skills and experience working as “Technician On Duty” (or similar role) for the delivery and support of technical infrastructure for events of various scale.
- Knowledge and “hands on” experience of lighting, audio, video, staging, rigging, digital and computer technologies and their application in a variety of public environments
- Demonstrated experience working in a supervisory capacity on an event or exhibition construction site involving the latest OH&S and site safety practices. A sound knowledge of Work Health and Safety.
- Demonstrated competency and knowledge of dealing with the electrical requirements of events and the ability to prepare briefs for clients, contractors and integrators
- Proficient computer skills and IT knowledge.
- Communication and interpersonal skills of a high order, including the ability to liaise with staff, contractors and external stakeholders and able to negotiate and resolve conflicts in a positive manner. Possess a highly developed customer service focus.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently, supervise others, prioritise work and multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- A sound knowledge of current trends and developments, including sustainability, within the exhibition and affiliated industries and an awareness of the ICOM code of ethics. An established network of industry related contacts.
How to apply
For more information about this position, please contact James Shuter on (03) 8341 7455 .
To apply, please visit the website.