How to apply:
- Provide a statement addressing the Selection Criteria (no more than two A4 pages);
- Provide your CV including three referee contacts (referees will not be contacted without prior consent); and
- Submit applications via email to [email protected] by the closing date.
The Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory (MAGNT) is the Northern Territory’s premier cultural and scientific institution. It offers a dynamic and diverse arts, science and cultural program to more than 300,000 visitors each year.
We are a museum and gallery known for our collections and expertise in Aboriginal cultures, natural sciences, histories and arts across Northern and Central Australia and our neighbours to the north.
We connect people to the stories of the Northern Territory. Our collection drives curiosity, exploration and partnerships. Our physical spaces are destinations loved by locals and a must-see for Territory visitors. Our digital connectivity expands the reach of our collection. Our guests tell their friends about their distinctive Territorian experience.
MAGNT has seven venues: MAGNT Darwin, the Defence of Darwin Experience, Fannie Bay Gaol, Lyons Cottage, the Museum of Central Australia (incorporating the Strehlow Research Centre), Megafauna Central and the Alcoota fossil site. A new Art Gallery opening in Darwin’s CBD in 2024/25 will add an eighth MAGNT site.
Provide administrative support to the Visitor Experience team including the coordination of the Visitor Experience Officers (VEOs) daily duties and be the first point of contact between the Visitor Experience Supervisor and VEOs.
- Under direction from the Visitor Experience Coordinator assist with development and implementation of administrative processes for the Visitor Experience team.
- Manage education and public program bookings, and maintain and enter statistical data in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitor, prioritise and respond to enquiries to the generic VEO email account.
- Manage and coordinate telephone enquires.
- Process online MAGNT Store sales.
- Ensure any major rostering issues are addressed in a timely manner in the absence of the Visitor Experience Coordinator and the Visitor Experience Supervisor.
- In consultation with the Visitor Experience Supervisor, implement a hand over process from close of business to opening of business the following day to ensure outstanding matters are followed up in a timely manner
- Liaise between Visitor Experience Supervisor and VEOs.
- Support VEOs during security and emergency incidents including liaising with police and emergency services for minor/low level matters.
- Actively check and respond to housekeeping matters including liaising with the cleaning staff.
- Proven administrative skills and ability to use a range of software applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work within high pressure situations.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and in a team environment.
- A team player with an attitude of service and ability to motivate others.
- First Aid qualifications or the ability to obtain.
- The successful applicant will be required to work across a rotational seven-day roster, including weekends and public holidays. The incumbent may also be required to work during evening events and extended Museum opening hours.
- This role statement is intended to provide an overall view of the role but in addition to this document, the specifics of the role will be described in business work plans.
- MAGNT is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in the workplace.
- Preferential consideration will be given to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants who meet the essential selection criteria.
- MAGNT promotes flexible ways of working including part time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
- Applicants must have full Australian work rights.
- A valid Australian Drivers licence is required.
- An NT Working with Children (Ochre) card is a requirement of the position.
- Current Australian National Police Check is required prior to commencing the position.
- From 13 November 2021 all MAGNT employees subject to the Chief Health Officer Directions No.55 of 2021 are required to provide evidence of at least one dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccination and evidence of two doses completed by 24 December 2021 except in circumstances where there is a medical exemption.
- For further information, please visit our website at www.magnt.net.au/careers.