The Museum has an exciting opportunity for a professional to join the agency as a Service Desk Officer within the Service Desk team of the IT Business Unit.
The Service Desk team works closely with a range of staff across the Museum and Cultural and Corporate Shared Services Centre (CCSSC) partner agency clients to ensure the reliable and functional operation of information technology. The Service Desk team ensures the service management and delivery of a stable and contemporary IT environment, which supports both corporate computing and exhibition environments.
The team provides first- and second-level support for all desktop, network, and business systems, including triage, user communications, and direct support. The team also coordinates a range of contractors and service vendors for specialist tasks and services and provides advice and user training.
The key duties of the position include:
Under the direction of the Service Desk Team Leader, Service Desk Officers have a range of responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Providing effective Service Desk support for IT Services’ clients.
- Communicating in a professional and friendly manner with colleagues, clients, and third parties face to face, via email and other software, and via telephone.
- Recording incidents, service requests, status, and resolution information using the Museum’s Service Management System, escalating incidents and service requests appropriately.
- Following procedures and liaise with procurement staff for the purchase of hardware and software.
- Assisting in the maintenance of IT equipment, asset management, and record-keeping.
- Providing support for the Museum and CCSSC client agencies’ user-issued hardware and Standard Operating Environment (SOE) including software and applications based on Windows 10 and Office 2016/365.
- Managing the issuing and location of user-issued Museum hardware.
- Providing guidance to clients on IT policies, procedures, and technical issues.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of operational procedures and documentation for IT systems within the Museum.
- Participating in project work as required to implement IT improvements.
- Undertaking other duties as required.
For more information or to apply visit: APSJobs.