Service Desk Officer – National Museum of Australia
|Closing date:||June 4, 2020|
|Institution:||National Museum of Australia|
|Salary:||$65,052 to $69,541|
|Location :||Acton ACT|
|Contact name:||Marcus McCarthy, Senior IT System Engineer, Phone 02 6208 5291|
The Museum has an exciting opportunity for a professional to join the Information Technology Business Unit as a Service Desk Officer in the Service Desk team.
The Service Desk team works closely with a range of staff across the Museum and Cultural and Corporate Shared Services Centre (CCSSC) partner agency clients to ensure the reliable and functional operation of information technology. The Service Desk team ensures the service management and delivery of a stable and contemporary IT environment, which supports both corporate computing and exhibition environments. The team provides first and second level support for all desktop, network and business systems including triage, user communications and direct support. The team also coordinates a range of contractors and service vendors for specialist tasks and services and provides advice and user training.
The key duties of the position include:
Under direction of the Service Desk Team leader, Service Desk Officers have a range of responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Providing effective Service Desk support for IT Services’ clients.
- Communicating in a professional and friendly manner with colleagues, clients and third parties face to face, via email and other software and via telephone.
- Recording incidents, service requests, status and resolution information by using the Museum’s Service Management system, escalating incidents and service requests appropriately.
- Following procedures and liaise with procurement staff for purchase of hardware and software.
- Assisting in maintenance of IT equipment, asset management and record keeping.
- Providing support for the Museum and CCSSC client agencies’ user-issued hardware and Standard Operating Environment (SOE) including software and applications based on Windows 10 and Office 2016/365.
- Managing the issuing and location of user issued Museum hardware.
- Providing guidance to clients on IT policies, procedures and technical issues.
- Assisting in development and maintenance of operational procedures and documentation for IT systems within the Museum.
- Participating in an on-call roster to provide support and ensure IT Service Desk coverage of the Museum’s business hours.
- Participating in project work as required to implement IT improvements.
- Identifying risks and manage mitigation as required.
- Providing assistance and guidance to more junior Service Desk Officers.
- Undertaking other duties as required.
For more information or to apply visit: APSJobs.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.