Tāmaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Ko Tāmaki Paenga Hira, hewaengarahi ake, he ngakau mahaki mo te kaitiakitanga taonga pū korero, pakiwaitara, korero tipua ano hoki mai i ngā kai para korero.
Auckland Museum is a much-loved organisation at the centre of Auckland’s identity, committed to outstanding management of its extensive collections and the permanent and volunteer staff who tell the Museum’s stories.
The Senior Collection Manager, Human History leads the team responsible for the Museum’s Human History collections and their processes relating to acquisitions, loans, deaccessions, programmes and public access. This is achieved through provision of extensive collections management expertise directed towards the registration, care, development and digitisation of the Human History collections at Tāmaki Paenga Hira Auckland War Memorial Museum.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A degree relevant to the Human History collections, preferably combined with a post-graduate museum studies qualification
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading and managing staff and volunteers in a busy museum environment
- Advanced museum registration skills and experience
- Considerable experience in database management and development, and in the use of computerised systems for managing museum collections (Vernon CMS)
- An ability to manage resources in an environment of shifting priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to apply for this position.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
For more information or to apply visit the AWMM website.