Senior Registrar, Collection Operations and Exhibitions
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our Registration team to assist in the preservation and sharing of the Museum’s valuable collections.
The successful candidate will:
- Prepare and implement policy, procedures and strategy for the management of historic material in the Museum’s care including location, security, inventory, transport, object handling and storage in line with museum strategic priorities and objectives.
- Manage the loan, shipment, installation and demount of collection objects and loans for exhibitions and programs including travelling exhibitions.
- Manage a team of staff and volunteers to deliver high quality collection management, object handling, storage and security to support collection care, exhibitions, access, control and sharing.
Key skills and experience required:
- Comprehensive understanding of the role of a Registration Section and a detailed operational knowledge of the collection management and documentation requirements and processes involved in a museum or similar institution.
- Demonstrated ability and practical knowledge of the physical, legal and commercial requirements for the acquisition, loan, movement and storage of museum material.
- Skills and knowledge of collection management databases and their application to online programs, a demonstrated ability in the administration of a museum’s collection management database (TMS) and skills and knowledge in relevant computer languages or software products such as word processing, and electronic document and records management system.
- High level organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Supervisory ability and ability to work independently and in teams.
For more information or to apply visit: APSJobs.