Education Officer – Sovereign Hill
|Closing date:||March 30, 2023|
|Salary:||Not supplied yet.|
|Contact name:||Sofia Fiusco, 0437 865 314|
|Contact email:||Not supplied yet.|
The Sovereign Hill Museums Association is a not-for profit community-based organisation that includes: Sovereign Hill Outdoor Museum, Sovereign Hill Hotel, AURA and Narmbool, the Australian Centre for Rare Trades and Arts and the Australian Centre for Gold Rush Collections. It cares for a nationally and internationally significant collection of over 150,000 objects and protects the tangible and intangible cultural heritage of the Victorian gold rush.
We are an Australian tourism icon that attracts some 500,000 visitors annually. The Outdoor Museum is internationally renowned as a living museum featuring rare trades, and programs and experiences that interpret a pivotal point in Australia’s history. In all, some 350 staff work to bring our gold-rush story to life. They are supported by over 250 volunteers.
Sovereign Hill is seeking a dynamic and qualified/experienced Education Officer to join our Learning team. This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled professional to work closely with a dedicated learning team in the design and delivery of on-site and online learning at Sovereign Hill. This role can be either performed either part time or full time.
Education Officers are responsible for delivering excursion and camp programs that immerse students in environmental education and sustainability programs and tailoring learning programs to meet the needs of schools. Education Officers develop curriculum resources, share knowledge across the sector, and promote the value of learning. All education programs are aligned with the Victorian and Australian Curriculum and Sovereign Hill’s purpose and mission to engage learners to explore historical narratives, to be curious, and to provide opportunities for inquiry.
Tasks will include:
- Design, delivery, implementation and evaluation of targeted learning programs, education special events and visits
- Development of program and museum site specific content
- Provide a supportive, inclusive and stimulating environment for learners
- Develop and deliver professional learning programs for peers and other educators
To be successful in the role, applicants should address the following criteria in their application:
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience within an education, museum environment or similar
- Knowledge and keen interest in Australian history and/or science
- A demonstrated ability to communicate to a variety of audiences
- Excellent teaching skills and classroom management skills
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Victorian school curricula
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work within a team environment
- Effective time management skills
- Relevant computer skills and experience in digital technologies in an educational setting
Checks and Qualifications:
- Police Check
- VIT Registration and/or Working with Children’s Check
- Level 2 First Aid
- Eligible to work in Australia
Sovereign Hill welcomes, encourages and endorses applications from diverse backgrounds and provides equal opportunities to all who wish to apply.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.