Museums Victoria is seeking a Systems Administrator to maintain and improve specialist digital infrastructure relating to the delivery of media based interactives and audio visual content for the Digital Media Systems department.
ABOUT MUSEUMS VICTORIA:
Museums Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building. To learn more about Museums Victoria, please visit http://museumsvictoria.com.au/about/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to develop and maintain specialist digital infrastructure for Digital Media Systems installations and daily operations at Museums Victoria. This is relating to the delivery of highly reliable exhibition and experience based interactives and audio visual displays.
Notable skills and experiences:
- Demonstrated experience in the management of information technology infrastructure including the implementation, administration and support of server systems, computer networks, security, backup regimes, helpdesk and asset management systems.
- Demonstrated experience in the operation, management and deployment of multiple computer operating systems and applications, including at a minimum multiple versions of Microsoft Windows and Mac OSX.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in Windows server and domain management and associated server roles, including but not limited to Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, KMS and Microsoft Deployment Tools, as well as knowledge of Apple OSX Server and Apple Remote Desktop.
- A demonstrated understanding of and experience working with the principles of project management.
- Ability to provide technical leadership to a wide range of vendors, including recommending and implementing innovative solutions to both technical and non-technical staff members and stakeholders.
- Experience in the operation of digital media devices in a digital signage or exhibition context including solid state media playback devices, displays and touch screens
- Ability to produce, manage and distribute detailed technical support and instructional documentation for both technical and non-technical personnel.
- An acceptance and understanding of relevant industrial standards best practices and legislation including Occupational Health and Safety laws
For more information or to apply visit the Museums Victoria website.