This opportunity does not come up very often!
We are looking for an experienced, philanthropy superstar to build on the close relationship between Te Papa, home to New Zealand’s national treasures, and the Te Papa Foundation which harnesses philanthropic support for Te Papa to study, preserve, enrich and share New Zealand’s national collections.
The Foundation Relationship Manager works within Te Papa alongside commercial, curatorial, and exhibition teams, acting as an important bridge to connect philanthropic donors with Te Papa initiatives that require financial support to be realised. The Foundation Relationship Manager works closely with the Director Partnerships and Development, taking direction on fundraising priorities from the Te Papa Foundation Trustees.
We are looking for a hands-on, self-starter who enjoys working collaboratively with others, is adaptable and enthusiastic, thinks outside of the box and enjoys variety in their work which includes event delivery, fundraising drives, communications and marketing, and strategic projects.
This role would suit someone who has:
- Experience at a senior level within fundraising or foundation marketing and management
- Demonstrated understanding of fundraising approaches, research principles, techniques and strategies
- Knowledge of, and networked into, donors that support work in the museum sector
- Proven and effective relationship development and management, networking abilities, and ‘closing’ skills
- High level of discretion and ability to work comfortably with a wide range of people within the community including high profile individuals, VIPs and celebrities
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with colleagues across the museum
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and work in a collaborative and solutions-focused manner to managing multiple priorities and problem-solving
- High level of comfort and understanding of working within a bicultural organisation and applying the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi to the work of both Te Papa and the Te Papa Foundation
- Excellent relationship management skills; the ability to work with board members, senior managers and key stakeholders
- Knowledge of event and project management
- Proven ability to use judgement and initiative in a complex, political and cultural environment (internal and external)
- High level of written and oral communication skills, attention to detail and professional approach
- Computer literacy (at least intermediate level in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and experience working with relationship management systems/CRMs (currently Salesforce)
If this role sounds like just what you’re looking for, complete the application form online and attach your CV and cover letter today!
The starting salary for this position will be between $85,000 to $102,000pa, with further room for progression through the band. Offers will be made within the range to reflect the skills and experience offered by the candidate and those required of the role, and internal relativities with other employees.
Applicants must have the ability to obtain and maintain the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Appointment to a position at Te Papa will require a declaration of Vaccination Status (confirmation that you are currently ‘up to date’ with vaccination against COVID 19 or, you are not currently vaccinated or ‘up to date’ with vaccination against COVID-19). Future appointees will also need to agree to comply with any future Government or Te Papa mandates or requirements relating to vaccination against COVID-19.
Prior to Te Papa confirming any offer of employment, pre-employment checks will be undertaken including criminal conviction history and reference checking as a minimum.