Team Leader Learning & Engagement – QVMAG
|Closing date:||February 22, 2023|
|Institution:||Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery|
|Salary:||$81,979 - $93,306 + 15.25% Superannuation|
|Contact name:||Karina West, Manager Operations, 03 6323 3774|
An exciting opportunity to join the team at the Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery (QVMAG)
The City of Launceston, an award winning Employer of Choice, is currently seeking to fill the following position:
Position Title: Team Leader Learning and Engagement
Position Number: POS1617
The Team Leader Learning and Engagement is responsible for leading the strategy and operational implementation of public and education programs at QVMAG. This includes leading the team to deliver public programs, formal and informal learning experiences, and Planetarium experiences. Programs are delivered on site, offsite and online.
This role shapes the program, and supports the team, to ensure programs are dynamic and relevant, responsive to changing audience needs, and helping to grow QVMAG’s audiences.
We are looking for an experienced and inspiring leader, who demonstrates, through behaviour, an alignment and an understanding of our values and has the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Demonstrated experience designing, developing and leading a team to deliver successful education and public programs in the cultural sector.
- Proven project management skills in relation to planning, developing and scheduling learning programs, ideally in the cultural sector.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the latest educational theories and practices as they relate to museum education.
- Proven high-level organisation skills and the ability to work to deadlines and organise priorities to achieve agreed goals.
- Demonstrated success in building audiences through education and public program offerings.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and with other stakeholders and external parties.
If you are interested, for further information and instructions on how to apply please go to the employment page of our website at www.launceston.tas.gov.au and download the Employment Information Pack for this position.
To apply, please address your application to People and Culture clearly stating the position number and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the online application on our website, attaching all requested documentation.
Your application should include a Cover Letter, your current Resume and a statement addressing the Highlighted Selection Criteria outlined in the Position Description section of the Employment Information Pack. You must address the Selection Criteria to be eligible for interview.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.