- Lead the delivery of the visitor services team to meet, brand, vision and strategic and operational plan objectives.
- Plan and coordinate the day to day running of Museum events and activities and rostering of Visitor Services Officers and volunteers to meet daily Museum needs.
- Manage TWRM’s Volunteer Program.
- Manage, mentor, coach and train direct reports (including TWRM volunteers).
- Liaise with visitors, assist with public enquiries and resolve visitor complaints and problems in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Assume the duties of the Team Leader – Steam Trains as required.
- Determine appropriate course of action and co-ordinate the response in emergency situations involving visitor safety and security, and oversee the security of public areas during opening hours, ensure the building is secured after hours and identify and advise on deficiencies in security.
- Contribute to the development and operation of TWRM and suggest improvements and contribute and implement front of house policies and procedures and establish and maintain appropriate and accurate records regarding front of house issues as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other tourism/arts industry, education and business organisations to ensure knowledge and sharing of Museum activities.
- Develop a safety culture in the team by modelling and safe practices and behaviour, implementing all required procedures, reducing your safety risks, as far as reasonably practicable, before work commences. Undertake all relevant responsibilities identified in the QMN WHS Accountabilities and Responsibilities Matrix.
Your application for this role will remain current for 12 months and may be considered for recurring vacancies which may be at an alternative location or alternative employment basis (full-time or part-time).
Are you the right person for the job?
You will develop, implement and coordinate The Workshops Rail Museum’s (TWRM) Visitor Services activities to ensure the safety, enjoyment and satisfaction of the visiting public and the security of the exhibits and the building.
Please ensure you download the role description and guide for applicants and carefully follow instructions for submitting an application.
Further information about this job is available in the documents below.