The City of Launceston, an award-winning Employer of Choice, is currently seeking to fill the following position:
The Team Leader Visitor Operations is responsible for ensuring that front-of-house operations at the Queen Victoria Museum & Art Gallery (QVMAG) are run efficiently and effectively, providing the visitor with a professional, engaging and safe experience.
The Team Leader Visitor Operations ensures that opportunities are proactively identified to improve the QVMAG visitor experience and to increase own-source revenue through the Shop, Cafés, venue hire and fundraising initiatives. The Team Leader Visitor Operations coordinates the development, implementation and monitoring of appropriate strategies, policies, systems and guidelines to support business delivery.
In this permanent full-time position, we are looking for someone who demonstrates, through behaviour, an alignment and an understanding of our values and has the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Manage & develop people – lead, mentor and develop team members
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the development and delivery of high-quality, customer-focussed, visitor services in a diverse and multi-disciplinary organisation
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Proven high-level organisation skills
- High-level ability to conduct research and analysis in relation to service or resource issues and the capacity to develop, recommend and implement plans, policies and procedures to achieve strategic objectives
- Relevant qualification from a tertiary institution, or substantial relevant work experience
- Experience leading commercial and/or fundraising functions
- Experience working within the cultural or tourism sector is highly regarded
If you are interested, for further information and instructions on how to apply please go to the employment page of our website at www.launceston.tas.gov.au and download the Employment Information Pack for this position.
To apply, please address your application to People and Culture clearly stating the position number and send to [email protected] or complete the online application on our website, attaching all requested documentation.
Your application should include a Cover Letter, your current resume, and a statement addressing the Highlighted Selection Criteria outlined in the Position Description section of the Employment Information Pack. You must address the Selection Criteria to be eligible for an interview.
For more information or to apply visit: JobsTas.