The Western Australian Museum is a vibrant centre of inspiration, learning and enjoyment for everyone. It preserves, documents and shares collections relating to the State’s natural and cultural heritage. It collaborates with people across Western Australia to share the stories and voices of diverse communities. It works alongside national and international organisations, contributing to global research, promoting life-long learning, and developing and hosting world-class exhibitions.
About the role
The purpose of this position is to provide specialist technical services including supervising the installation, operation, maintenance, and development of technical infrastructure to facilitate the delivery of digital media experiences in the WA Museum exhibitions, galleries and public spaces.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual who loves working in a positive team environment, enjoys a challenge and can hit the ground running in a fast paced and diverse role.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Schedule, supervise and complete planned audio-visual and digital media systems maintenance duties ensuring that they are performed to a high standard, documented and reported on.
- Perform trouble shooting and repairs on installed digital media equipment requiring a high level of technical expertise.
- Undertake and oversee installation of digital media systems in exhibitions and public spaces being accountable for quality of work.
- Participate in the planning of digital media exhibits, presentation spaces and refurbishments, leading project teams and overseeing installation.
- Use expert knowledge in the field of audio-visual and exhibition multimedia to convey concepts and original ideas to museum colleagues, suppliers and external stakeholders.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and standards and research new technologies to support the objectives of the Department.
For more information or to apply visit: JobsWA.