Museum Victoria is seeking a Technician, Digital Media Systems to provide specialist technical services facilitating the delivery of digital media services including the installation, maintenance and development of technical infrastructure.
- Further your career! An opportunity to contribute to the installation and demount of digital media systems for exhibitions and public programmes at Museum Victoria.
- Work within a supportive and friendly team environment.
- Close to public transport with the opportunity of working at other Museum Victoria venues.
ABOUT MUSEUM VICTORIA:
Museum Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building.
To learn more about Museum Victoria, please visit the website.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position is accountable for maintaining and installing digital media delivery systems in exhibitions and public areas; as well as audio-visual support for public programmes
Notable skills and experiences:
Proven ability in the operation of computers based on Windows operating systems and a working knowledge of computer networking techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in providing administrative support, including the ability to work to tight deadlines and follow procedures.
- Experience in the operation of a variety of digital media systems particularly: video and audio playback devices, projection and other display devices and computer-based interactive media.
- Experience installing audio-visual devices and digital media infrastructure and an understanding of the operational requirements associated with technical services in a cultural and public facility.
- Hold strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with team members, communicate technical issues to non-technical staff, with a sound customer service focus
- Ability to work at heights using an elevated work platform
- Effective time management skills in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Understanding of relevant industrial standards including Occupational Health and Safety policies and procedures.
This is a Full-time, ongoing position. The salary on offer is $52,841 + 9.5% superannuation.
HOW TO APPLY?
To view the position description, search ‘employment’ at www.museumvictoria.com.au; for more information about this position, please contact Joe Coleman on (03) 8341 7660.